The 8th CCB Cage Match!
What is this madness?
Berlin’s first improv Cage Match!
The CCB Cage Match is a long form improv comedy tournament that takes place over three Saturdays every August and January. 8 teams battle it out on stage for audience votes and only 1 team will reign supreme.
Hosted by GLB
Presented by Comedy Café Berlin
In partnership with Berlin English Improv Network and Comedy in English Berlin
What are the Rules?
- You can only have MAX 8 players on a team (again, a team this big might not even fit on stage).
- Each team will have 5 minutes for the Group Stage, 10 for the Semi Finals and 25 for the Finals to perform LONG FORM IMPROV. A timer will be projected on the wall behind you. A buzzer sounds when time is up.
- Each audience member has ONE vote. They will be recorded on paper ballots, counted and collected by a neutral party (Probably the Hosts). The team with the most number of audience votes wins.
- Registered team members MAY NOT vote if their team is performing.
- The decision of the host is final. No whining. No recounts. In the event of a tie the teams in question will elect ONE player to participate in a ‘shootout’ (a short form ‘step out’ game).
- All proceeds of the competition go to Comedy Café Berlin.
- This is meant to be a fun, friendly competition and you should take this seriously :-).
- The hosts can assess penalties and make up rules at their discretion.