PodFest Berlin: Beyond Asian Podcast – Live Recording
Saturday, October 23, 2021 | 7:00pm – 8:00pm
Beyond Asian takes on the complexity of Third Culture Asian lifelines, looking to integrate the past of the Asian continent with the globalized present, while stretching to imagine an integrated future. Sen Zhan is the host and has her roots in China, Canada, and now Germany.
In this live interview, Sen will be talking to Frank Joung, the Korean-German host of Halbe Katoffl – a seminal German podcast diversifying the conversation around bicultural representation of “Half Potatoes” – Germans with backgrounds from other lands who constantly traverse the in-between space of sitting at different tables.
Together, Sen and Frank will delve into topics from formative childhood experiences that have shaped how we see ourselves in the eyes of the majority culture, to how we came to embrace our uniqueness as strength, to what we envision for a more empowered next generation of diversity.
Questions from the audience will be welcome after our interview.
PodFest Berlin is a podcasting festival founded in Berlin by and for the podcasting community of our amazing city. Headquartered in Neukölln at the Comedy Café Berlin with additional events at Donau115. Three days and nights of live podcast recordings, seminars and gatherings. Gathering our diverse podcast community under one roof. A space for listeners and podcasters to meet each other. October 23rd, 24th and 25th. Sponsored by Patreon.
PodFest Berlin ist ein Podcasting-Festival, das in Berlin von und für die Podcasting-Community unserer wunderbaren Stadt gegründet wurde. Mit Headquarters in Neukölln im Comedy Café Berlin und zusätzlichen Events im Donau115, PodFest Berlin bietet drei Tage und Nächte voller Live-Podcast-Aufnahmen, Seminare und Treffen. Unsere vielfältige Podcast-Community versammelt sich unter einem Dach. Ein Ort an dem sich Hörer:innen und Podcaster:innen treffen können. 23., 24. und 25. Oktober. Sponsored by Patreon.
How we’re keeping you, our staff and our performers safe:
- We have a brand-new state-of-the-art ventilation system AND air conditioning system with anti-viral plasma filters in our theatre!
- FFP2 or OP masks are required at all times throughout the venue, including the theatre (except for that brief moment when you are taking a sip of a delicious beverage or a bite of a tasty sandwich)
- Everyone will need to follow the “3G” rule and show proof of one of the following:
- Getestet – Proof of a negative Rapid Antigen Test (Antigenschnelltest) or PCR Test not older than 24 hours
- Geimpft – Proof of full vaccination. Your last dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior
- Genesen – Proof of recovery from COVID-19, at least 28 days old but not older than 6 months
- Failure to provide one of the above will result in denial of admission to the theatre!
- The entire venue is cleaned regularly and frequent touchpoints sanitized before and after each show. Hand sanitizer will be available all over the place.
Due to COVID-19 regulations, seating is limited.
These guidelines will be updated as restrictions change.
The recording starts promptly at the scheduled show time! Doors open 15 minutes before scheduled show time. Please be aware that seats may be released at show time and latecomers may be denied entry.
Die Aufzeichnung beginnt pünktlich zur geplanten Startzeit! Die Türen öffnen 15 Minuten vor der geplanten Startzeit.
Bitte beachten Sie, dass Sitzplätze vor der Vorstellung freigegeben werden können und Spätkommer möglicherweise keinen Einlass mehr erhalten.
No refunds on ticket sales!
Please enjoy a drink at the bar before and after the show! (It’s how we keep the doors open.)