- This event has passed.
Berlinistan – A Comedy Show About Being Muslim in Berlin
Thursday, October 7, 2021 | 8:00pm – 9:00pm
Dave Chappelle said comedy is about reconciling paradox. What greater paradox than trying to be a man of faith in Berlin – the city of drugs, sex dungeons and devilish temptation (AKA drugs and sex dungeons).
Join Toby Arsalan, German-Pakistani comedian extraordinaire, on a journey of jokes about belief and bike lanes, the universe and the U-Bahn, heaven and Kottbusser Tor!
“In countries where there are no horses, donkeys are called horses.”
And in countries like Germany, Toby Arsalan gets to call himself a comedian. Toby has toured three continents, featured on Comedy Central’s Roast Battle and opened for comedy legends like Todd Barry and Judah Friedlander.
Before Corona, Toby could be seen on international comedy stages across the world. Since Corona, Toby has been seen mostly in Spätis that sell Ben & Jerry’s. Plus he’s been writing scripts for the popular German YouTube channel “Datteltäter”.
How we’re keeping you, our staff and our performers safe:
- We have a brand-new state-of-the-art ventilation system AND air conditioning system with anti-viral plasma filters in our theatre!
- FFP2 or OP masks are required at all times throughout the venue, including the theatre (except for that brief moment when you are taking a sip of a delicious beverage or a bite of a tasty sandwich)
- Everyone will need to follow the “3G” rule and show proof of one of the following:
- Getestet – Proof of a negative Rapid Antigen Test (Antigenschnelltest) or PCR Test not older than 24 hours
- Geimpft – Proof of full vaccination. Your last dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior
- Genesen – Proof of recovery from COVID-19, at least 28 days old but not older than 6 months
- Failure to provide one of the above will result in denial of admission to the theatre!
- The entire venue is cleaned regularly and frequent touchpoints sanitized before and after each show. Hand sanitizer will be available all over the place.
Due to COVID-19 regulations, seating is limited.
These guidelines will be updated as restrictions change.
Doors open 15 minutes before scheduled show time. Please be aware that seats may be released at show time and latecomers may be denied entry or given standing room entry.
No refunds on ticket sales!
Unless otherwise stated, all shows are in English.
Please enjoy a drink at the bar before and after the show! (It’s how we keep the doors open.)
Interested in taking comedy classes? Check out The CCB Training School.