- This event has passed.
Baloney Planet – Stories & Jokes from Across the Globe
Thursday, October 21, 2021 | 8:00pm – 9:00pm
“We are all travellers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend who makes fun of that shit.” – Robert Louis Stevenson, probably
If Life is a Journey, then what is an actual journey? It’s the perfect premise for a comedy show, that’s what it is!
Baloney Planet features a selection of international, Berlin-based comedians sharing the funniest, craziest and weirdest stories from their travels around the world. From penis-fish adventures in the Amazon rainforest to brushes with death in the mean streets of Johannesburg – this show will spark the wanderlust in you and more importantly, make you laugh your vagabonding butt off!
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Born and raised in Ukraine, confused and dazed in Berlin, Pavlo keeps looking for the meaning of life and a perfect burger joint.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Born and raised in Lebanon, she wins over the crowds with her high energy presence & rapid-fire anecdotes. Thanks to her Middle Eastern background, passion for hummus, deep experience with Germans and sarcastic political views, she’s often seen as an alternative Arab success story that hasn’t yet been discovered by the media.
Carmen started doing comedy back in the day when there was only one open mic in Berlin. She contributed to the growth of the comedy scene by producing many successful shows like Comedy Auf Deuglish, Teepeeland Stands Up, Stand Up Saturdays… and has been co hosting one of the longest running weekly shows in Berlin: Monday Night Mics. Carmen has been performing her solo show for several years and has opened for many international touring comedians including: Todd Barry, Judah Friedlander, Andy Haynes, Lisa Curry…
If you don’t hear her voice in Berlin, no worries, because she’s been touring in many cities: Krakow, Warsaw, Budapest, Barcelona, Helsinki, German cities, Luxembourg, Brussels, other German cities, Amsterdam, Prague, Brno, Zurich, Edinburgh fringe festival…
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“Not all who wander are lost.”
But Toby Arsalan most probably is. Toby has toured three continents, featured on Comedy Central’s Roast Battle and opened for comedy legends like Todd Barry and Judah Friedlander.
Before Corona, Toby could be seen on international comedy stages across the world. Since Corona, Toby has been seen mostly in Spätis that sell Ben & Jerry’s. Plus he’s been writing scripts for the popular German YouTube channel “Datteltäter”.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
How we’re keeping you, our staff and our performers safe:
- We have a brand-new state-of-the-art ventilation system AND air conditioning system with anti-viral plasma filters in our theatre!
- FFP2 or OP masks are required at all times throughout the venue, including the theatre (except for that brief moment when you are taking a sip of a delicious beverage or a bite of a tasty sandwich)
- Everyone will need to follow the “3G” rule and show proof of one of the following:
- Getestet – Proof of a negative Rapid Antigen Test (Antigenschnelltest) or PCR Test not older than 24 hours
- Geimpft – Proof of full vaccination. Your last dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior
- Genesen – Proof of recovery from COVID-19, at least 28 days old but not older than 6 months
- Failure to provide one of the above will result in denial of admission to the theatre!
- The entire venue is cleaned regularly and frequent touchpoints sanitized before and after each show. Hand sanitizer will be available all over the place.
Due to COVID-19 regulations, seating is limited.
These guidelines will be updated as restrictions change.
Doors open 15 minutes before scheduled show time. Please be aware that seats may be released at show time and latecomers may be denied entry or given standing room entry.
No refunds on ticket sales!
Unless otherwise stated, all shows are in English.
Please enjoy a drink at the bar before and after the show! (It’s how we keep the doors open.)
Interested in taking comedy classes? Check out The CCB Training School.